The site is located immediately to the north of the M27 and encompasses Junction 10. The M27 has good links with Portsmouth and Southampton and is well connected to the A3(M) to the east and the M3 to the west, both of which provide direct links to London. Southampton Airport is also conveniently located close to the M27.
Fareham councils’ vision is inspired by the Government’s new Garden Village framework. It will create a new district with homes, schools, shops community facilities which will create additional jobs for the area. Welborne is set to become one of fourteen new English garden villages. The project will include:
- Up to 6,000 new homes all within a three-minute walk of allotments and open spaces
- 5,735 new jobs
- New community and health facilities including a community building and smaller community hub
- One new secondary school and three new primary schools
- New sports facilities
- 270 acres (108 hectares) of natural green space
- 1,000,000ft2 (97,250m2) allocated for office, light industrial and warehouse space
- Major improvements to Junction 10 on the M27
Gattica Associates Responsibilities
- Identify existing utility services and apparatus within the site area.
- Undertake budget estimates and programming for diversions and abandonments of existing apparatus.
- 132/133 kV electricity diversions
- SGN gas diversion works
- Calculate loading required for new supplies infrastructure
- Design of new site wide infrastructure networks
- Procurement of new utility networks
- Liaise and manage the M27 junction 10 diversion works
- NAV negotiations for potable and wastewater networks