The Orchards Green Development in Ely, Cambridgeshire is a 200-acre area of land to the north of the city designated for development.
Endurance Estates is acting as Master Developer and has procured a new utility infrastructure network so that all plots will be sold on as serviced plots for residential and commercial uses.
The project masterplan consists of the following:
- A new primary school
- 1,200 new homes, including maisonettes, apartments, and houses
- A public house and local centre retail units
- A community centre
- A 70 bed care home
Gattica has an advisory role on the Orchards Green Development for Endurance Estates overseeing all the utility interfaces for master planning, the design program and procurement. We are then acting as the client’s agent to manage the utility supplier, as they provide new services to the site.
- Engagement with utility companies to enable design of offsite gas and electricity reinforcements
- Coordination of the installation of a network new High voltage electricity substation
- Coordination of the installation of onsite potable water, electricity, communications and gas supply, ensuring design incorporates allowances for supply to the remaining phases
- Liaising with client, contractor and utility companies to ensure offsite and onsite works were coordinated to enable connection by the required date for the school opening
- Review of space planning and clash checking for all utilities
Download Orchards Green Case Study
The collaboration and liaison between Endurance Estates and Gattica Associates Limited have been key to the successful delivery of the utility infrastructure of The Orchards Green Development.
Tim Holmes, Director, Endurance Estates